HAIKU BATTLE RULES AND REGULATIONS

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Postby Browntown » September 17th, 2007, 8:03 pm

Welcome to the Haiku Battle™ on Muddbutt.com!

First, let me start by explaining exactly what a haiku is so the general population can get a gist of the most basic of rules:

1. A Haiku consists of three lines and each line may only contain a certain number of syllables. 1st may only contain 5 syllables. 2nd line has 7 syllables. 3rd line has 5 syllables again. 5 - 7 - 5. Easy enough.

Example:

What a lovely vest
Grampa has one just like it
Bullet holes are in

5 - 7 - 5. This rule is infallable and any haiku posted with an incorrect syllable count must be edited to coincide with the general format or it will be deleted.

2. Now, the rule surrounding the Haiku Battle itself is what really makes the game fun. The first line of your haiku MUST be the same as the last line of the previous haiku.

Example:

Bullet holes are in
All prostitutes should have one
Get back in the trunk

The 1st line of this one is the last line of the previous haiku. That's all there is to it. Needless to say this forum is for Haiku Battle posts only. Anything other than a haiku that continues the game will be deleted.

3. You can't Follow up on your own Haiku -meaning- no one person can post 2 Haiku in a row. Consecutive posting is illegal so let somebody else roll with your ideas, then turn their creativity into your own shit.

I also encourage you to preview the preceding posts before posting your own. 2 posts at the same time using the same lines can screw up the game. 1st consecutive post is valid, so if someone beats you to the punch with the haiku you were trying to write, you must delete yours and follow suit with the previous poster. With all that said,

HAVE FUN!

Note: By signing up to become a member of this site you indemnify the site owners from any and all liability of any kind. You also agree that any material you post on this site will become the property of the site owners, and the owners will retain sole rights to that property thereafter. This site comes with no explicit nor implicit guarantees.
Browntown

Postby haruko » January 15th, 2008, 11:44 pm

Can I spread this awesome game onto other forums?
And if I can, can I use your Battle Rules and Regulations?
I'll give complete credit to you, with links and everything.
Just wanted to make sure before I went and did it.
haruko

Postby WorldBFat » January 17th, 2008, 11:01 pm

I can't OFFICIALLY speak for Muddbutt on this point, but I say bring them here dammit! This site has the bandwidth.
WorldBFat

Postby Browntown » January 18th, 2008, 12:07 am

I agree, link me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
Browntown

Postby JMS » February 13th, 2008, 6:13 pm

got the haiku bug
battles from one post to next
is need to "refresh"?
JMS

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Haiku Battle