Sliced bread vs. the Wheel

The Hans Gruber Memorial Exceptional Minds Foundation is dedicated to the advancement of humankind. Here man's most critical challenges are met and the greatest problems of the day are solved. Within this forum the highest echelon of human thought may be found.
12 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Postby Browntown » February 3rd, 2008, 6:13 am

"The best thing since sliced bread."

Which invention is better, the ability to slice bread, or the wheel?

Please advise.
Browntown

Postby Thistlehair » February 3rd, 2008, 9:27 pm

The Wheel. Why the fuck do people get so hot for sliced bread? I don't even slice my bread, I tear off a hunk and dunk it in olive oil and vinegar.
Thistlehair

Postby BoneCrusher » February 3rd, 2008, 11:12 pm

The machine that slices the bread in the bread factory has wheels in it. So I say wheel
BoneCrusher

Postby WorldBFat » February 4th, 2008, 12:03 am

Unless by "the ability to slice bread" you mean "the blade," I also say wheel. Buying pre-sliced bread is for retards only. Plus, the Aztecs didn't have a wheel and they got massacred by Spaniards. Spaniards!
WorldBFat

Postby Thistlehair » February 4th, 2008, 1:14 am

I remember how the book "Guns, Germs, and Steel" tried to explain away the Aztecs obvious intellectual inferiority. Honestly, as was alluded to above, if you can't beat an under number force of SPANIARDS, then you deserve to be slaughtered wholesale. I bet the Aztecs has very nice sliced bread
Thistlehair

Postby Browntown » February 4th, 2008, 1:34 am

I would just like to point out that without sliced bread, we are negating such tremendous inventions such as the Sandwich, or the Hamburger! No more sub sandwiches. Sure the wheel definitely has had a monumental impact on society and business, but ask yourself this: where would you be without the sandwich?
Browntown

Postby WorldBFat » February 4th, 2008, 11:07 am

I have to disagree with you, Carson, or at least request clarification on your question. Are we debating pre-sliced bread or the knife used to slice bread or a bread slicer? I can halve a bun and fill it with raw beef without that bun coming to me pre-sliced.
WorldBFat

Postby Browntown » February 5th, 2008, 2:04 am

It's a simple question. Nobody ever cuts bread ever. The fast food industry would be destroyed. If you worked at McDonald's you'd be inf avor of the bread slicing. I think wheels are pretty sweet, but I could manage driving my car around on dodecagons if it meant I could still eat most of my favorite foods.
Browntown

Postby WorldBFat » February 5th, 2008, 2:22 am

OK pre-sliced bread it is then. I haven't bought pre-sliced bread in ages. I'd rather see the fast food industry destroyed than be wiped out by a modest force of Spaniards. Wheel!
WorldBFat

Postby Browntown » February 5th, 2008, 10:15 am

Sellout.
Browntown

Next

12 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to Hans Gruber Memorial Exceptional Minds Foundation